SRE FOUNDATION (SREF)℠
About this Course?
Learn to fully optimize your IT culture with this SRE Foundation (SREF) course from 4PA!
Site Reliability Engineers fulfill many of the roles associated with Operations, supporting Development teams and driving productivity and efficiency. This course also demonstrates how site reliability engineers make systems more stable, predictable, and scalable while also tracking essential metrics to enable continuous improvement. Kickstart your SRE training today!
Who is this course aimed at?
- IT and business managers, directors, team leaders, stakeholders, engineers, and anyone else seeking an understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and how it relates to DevOps
- DevOps practitioners who wish to specialize in site reliability engineering
- Organizations wishing to incorporate the vocabulary, principles, concepts, and practices of Site Reliability Engineering
- Anyone looking to pass the official SRE Foundation (SREF) examination what will you learn by taking this course?
- The principles and practices of SRE and how they are used to improve developmental and operational activities
- How SRE helps organizations to scale services reliably and economically
- How to realign organizations for the purpose of site reliability engineering
- How SRE has evolved, and how it will continue to do so
- How to understand, set, and track service level objectives (SLOs)
- How SRE relates to DevOps and other frameworks
- Everything needed to pass the official SRE Foundation (SREF) exam
Why should you take this course?
- Site reliability engineering is in high demand, even outside of DevOps
- SRE can help established DevOps leaders take their understanding of and ability to apply the methodology to the next level
- SRE can help companies to guarantee higher levels of communication, collaboration, reliability, and scalability
- Good e-Learning is an award-winning online training provider and a Trusted Education Partner for the DevOps Institute
- This course comes with several online training assets, including instructor-led videos, knowledge checks, mock exams, and case studies
- Each student can enjoy 6 months access and a FREE exam voucher, along with a FREE resit with Exam Pledge (T&Cs apply)
- The course is fully accredited by the DevOps Institute
Section; 1 – SRE Principles & Practices
This section introduces students to the discipline of SRE, compares it with DevOps, and presents the six essential principles and practices of site reliability engineering.
- What is Site Reliability Engineering?
- SRE & DevOps: What is the Difference?
- SRE Principles & Practices
Section; 2 – Service Level Objectives & Error Budgets
This section looks at service levels, service level objectives (SLOs), error budgets, and error budget policies.
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
- Error Budgets
- Error Budget Policies
Section ; 3 – Reducing Toil
This module looks at the ‘Toil’ concept, why it is a problem, and how it can be managed.
- What is Toil?
- Why is Toil Bad?
- Doing Something About Toil
Section ; 4 – Monitoring & Service Level Indicators
This module introduces service level indicators (SLIs), monitoring, and observability.
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s)
Section ; 5 – SRE Tools & Automation
This module looks at automation, defining it in terms of DevOps and SRE. It also introduces different types of automation, as well as a number of automation tools.
- Automation Defined
- Automation Focus
- Hierarchy of Automation Types
- Secure Automation
- Automation Tools
Section ; 6 – Anti-Fragility & Learning from Failure
This module examines the principle of learning from failure, and how it can be used for anti-fragility and chaos engineering.
- Why Learn from Failure
- Benefits of Anti-Fragility
- Shifting the Organizational Balance
Section ; 7 – Organizational Impact of SRE
This module introduces how SRE is managed at an organizational level, as well as how SRE can be effectively implemented.
- Why Organizations Embrace SRE
- Patterns for SRE Adoption
- Sustainable Incident Response
- Blameless Post-Mortems
- SRE & Scale
Section ; 8 – SRE, Other Frameworks, Trends
This module looks at how SRE can incorporate frameworks such as ITIL, Agile, and IT4IT. It also examines emerging trends that will define the future of SRE, including ‘customer reliability engineering’.
- SRE & Other Frameworks
- Exam Simulator
This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit the official SRE Foundation (SREF) examination.
This course comes with mock exams to help students prepare for the real thing, a FREE exam voucher, and is eligible for exam pledge (a free resit on us!) – That’s how confident we are that you’ll pass first time!
Before booking your exam, it will be a good idea to make sure that your device meets the technical requirements. You can do so here. Please visit the DevOps Institute website for more information and guidance.
When you are ready to use your free exam voucher, simply contact email@example.com Exam voucher requests are typically processed within 2 working days but please allow up to 5. Students must request their exam voucher within the course access period which starts from the date of purchase. For more information, please visit our Support & FAQs page.
DevSecOps Engineering (DSOE) Certification exam:
- This is a multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions
- here is a time limit of 60 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is open book, with only the provided materials being permitted for use
- The pass mark for the exam is 65%: you must score at least 26 out of 40 questions correct
- Students who do not have English as a native language will be given an additional 25 minutes
- Candidates can take the exam online or in person with an invigilator
Exam voucher included
Free resit (T&C apply)
Course duration: 14+ hours
Quizzes & practice exams