Computer Architecture refers to the design of the internal hardware components of a computer system, including the processor, memory, input/output devices, and storage devices. It includes topics such as instruction set architecture, microarchitecture, cache memory, virtual memory, and performance optimization.
Why a better Computer Architecture?
Advantages of Computer Architecture: Improved performance: Computer Architecture design plays a significant role in improving the performance of computer systems by optimizing hardware components such as the processor, memory, and storage devices. Reduced cost: Efficient design of computer architecture can lead to a reduction in the overall cost of the computer system. A good architecture can also aid, in providing Scalability, Security, Application Support, and Reliability
The audience for this training program would typically be individuals who are interested in or working in information technology. This may include IT professionals, system administrators, network engineers, or software developers. It is also for the students who are likely to join large organizations in entry-level positions.
Learning Objectives of Computer Architecture topic:
- Understanding the basics of computer architecture, including the CPU, memory, and storage devices.
- Understanding how the CPU executes instructions and how memory and storage are used in the process.
- Understanding the tradeoffs between different computer architectures and the factors that affect performance.
- College Graduate
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of how to use a computer.
- A basic understanding of programming concepts
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software