Work is an inherent part of human behavior. Most adults spend at least 30 percent of their lifetime in their workplace and/or in work-related activities. Like in any other context, human behavior in the organizational and work context is a complex phenomenon. Individual behavior at work is a result of interaction between various individual, group, and organizational level factors. Understanding how individuals and groups behave at the workplace will not only help improve their effectiveness but also nurture the quality of work life of the individuals. This course will help students to be cognizant of these workplace dynamics so that they make conscious decisions in their future work life as well as long-term careers.
- Work professionals, MBA students, BTech students, MSc. Psychology students.
- OB is a systematic study of the actions and attitudes that people exhibit within the organization. It also helps any individual to understand his behavior.
- OB has proved instrumental for managers in getting their work done effectively.
- OB lays emphasis on the interaction and relations between the organization and individual behavior. It works as a positive attempt to fulfilling psychological agreement between the organization and the individuals.
- OB delivers job satisfaction to employees and helps in developing work-related behavior in the organization.
- OB helps in building a motivating climate in the organization.
- OB helps in building cordial industrial relations.
- OB smooths the progress of marketing by providing deeper insight into consumer behavior and motivating and managing field employees.
- OB helps in predicting behavior and its application in a meaningful way delivers effectiveness in the organization.
- OB implies effective management of human resources.
- OB helps in improving functional behavior within the organization. It helps in attaining higher productivity, effectiveness, efficiency, and organizational citizenship. It works effectively in reducing dysfunctional behavior at the workplace like absenteeism, employee turnover, dissatisfaction, tardiness, etc.
Undergraduate degree in any discipline