Detailed Profile of M Venkatesan
Senior Professional with over 2 decades of experience in innovative leadership of teams & Technology skilled in planning and implementation with expertise in devising strategies aimed at enhancing overall organizational growth, sustained profitability of operations & improved business performance.
Currently playing a role as consultant and trainer
1. Core Competencies:
- Skilled in strategic planning and execution aligned to customer and organizational need, estimation of revenue versus cost and budget development/administration, infrastructure management, quality and security process implementation, assessment of resource, hardware and software needs.
- Recognized for consistent achievements in cutting-edge information systems management, team management and cost-effective systems implementation, operations and its optimization
- Proficient in Program and PMO management; training, implementation of organizational process and continuous process improvements;
- Effective analyst, decision maker, problem solver and communicator able to build coherent view across multiple organizational levels. Success in traditional and online technology environments.
- Deft in conceptualizing organization requirements and accordingly suggesting business solutions, leveraging latest technologies, defining the IT vision and setting up the future roadmap.
2. Career Profile
Consultant and faculty (2010 – till date)
- Actively involved training with Wipro in Software Engineering Practises (SEP), cloud computing, open house programs in ITIL V3 foundation
- Initiating training and consulting activities in Project management, MS project and PMP certification
- Initiating training activities in ITQSB advanced certifications, CMMI introduction
Senior Consultant, Tech Mahindra (2003 – 2010)
- Management of multi-vendor Coloc team for a UK customer comprising of over 100 personnel.
- Instrumental in streamlining of process needs of Coloc from inception pertaining to reports, operations, support, security, network, and infrastructure leading to improvement in cycle time with predictability.
- Actively involved in the PMO operation of a major telecom client from inception to 1000 resources with prime focus on maximizing client satisfaction.
Senior Project Manager, Sonata Software (1997 – 2002)
- Played key role in a testing project in ERP with strict adherence to critical quality parameters with the aim of securing additional projects for the organization.
Project Leader, Riyam Computers (1995 – 1997)
- Instrumental in preparation of complete IT solution on Workshop and Spare parts inventory control leading to customer acceptance and satisfaction
System Manager, Brooke Bond Lipton (1992 – 1995)
- Actively involved in the merger of related IT solutions and implementation of the same in various regional units.
Systems Officer, Lucas TVS (1983 – 1992)
- Actively involved in the transition of Customer order application to mini from mainframe.
3. Project profile
Delivery Management and Process Improvement in VV&T Projects and PMO activities (2003 – 2009)
- Ensure successful operations of collocation centre from inception to current status in wholesale area for E2E Test teams representing 21 CN products.
- Involved in onsite and offshore CIT responsibility for E2E issue management transition and handling for a large program.
- Handling PMO functions for a major US account; development of test practices in estimation, test ideas re-use and process improvement.
- Delivery management for performance testing and stub development; test planning for EAI component development covering Unit, Functional and System testing areas.
- Also involved in Windows 2003 compliance testing for a suite of call center software products.
Sonata Software (SYNOVA)
Estimation Group (presales support included) (2001 – 2002)
Provide leadership to a team of 2 members as Estimation Group Head with prime responsibilities of
- Establishment of estimation intranet; implementation and improvement of estimation methodologies like FP analysis and FP variants as per IFPUG standards.
- Implementation of planning tools like knowledge plan and review of estimates, risks and WBS at proposal stage in mainframe, client server, component, web based and testing projects.
- Evaluation, selection, training on estimation methods; support CMM activities in metrics and process improvement activities.
- Review of project estimates versus actual size, efforts, schedule, productivity and resources through out the project cycle. Also involved in technical evaluation of proposals.
Technology used – Knowledge Plan, FP analysis tools, MS project on Pentium machine.
SEPG and Testing Group (2000 – 2001)
Assigned charge as SEPG member involved in testing and other process improvement activities with prime responsibilities of
- Review of current testing and other practices across development projects; evolution of guideline documents for unit, integration, functional and system testing followed by training and implementation of the practices.
- Participation in process improvement activities for SEI-CMM purposes; evaluation and testing of performance testing tools; provide support of testing tools for projects.
- Also involved in guiding of projects in testing through reviews.
Technology used – Win Runner, Performance Studio, Load Runner, Purify, Quantify, Rational Team Test, ASP based application, SQL server and Windows NT on Pentium machines, Web based application and SQL server.
Reengineering Development for German Customer months (12 Months)
Lead a team of 30 offshore and 10 onsite members assigned development and test management with prime responsibilities of
- Product development from prototype to complete product; resolution of issues to ensure acceptance of all programs.
- Development of 7 modules of construction package involving complete restructuring of code, scope of changes and issue resolution.
Technology used – Visual basic 5.0, coding standards checking tool, visual pure coverage, SQL server, UNIWOP product on Pentium machine.
Enhancement and maintenance of SCALA (9 Months)
Provide leadership to a team of 10 members assigned test management with prime responsibilities of
- Ensure meeting of acceptance criteria for continuity of the project.
- Involved in testing of all modules of Scala, testing for Euro enhancement and customization for specific customers; writing of test script for regression testing using visual test studio and a phase of beta testing.
Technology used – CBASIC, SCALA modules, Windows 3.1, crystal reports, MS-access on Pentium machine, Windows.
Development of AVIS’96 and others (1997 – 1998)
Assigned charge of project management including QC function with prime responsibilities of
- Development of Euro customization using IMS Work Bench tool for a Germany based client.
- Involved in GUI changes, data base changes and business logic modifications, apart from imparting training on Easytrieve tools, maintenance support to BMIS application and Y2K guidance.
Technology used – IMS workbench, Windows 3.1, COBOL, Easytrieve on Pentium machine.
B.E (Electrical & Electronics), Guindy Engineering College, 1983
Master of Business Administration, Madras University, India, 1990
Twice Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) in good standing, Lead Auditor ISO 9001:2008 through TUV, ITIL V3 expert certified, Advanced strategic management program through IIMC
Participated in several trainings and workshops during professional career
Secured a rank in IIT entrance (1700) and scored 93 percentile in GATE exam
5. Technical Skills
- Expertise in complete operations of Collocation centre right from inception in Wholesale area on 21CN products; VVT projects in Call centre product, EAI application, and Billing areas.
- Skilled in Performance Testing and stub development; projects in mainframe, client server, internet and ERP areas mainly on testing.
- Hands on experience in Program Management, Test management, Test guidelines and practices, CMM – Level 5 implementation, SEPG member, Estimation and planning, Proposal review, Test tools evaluation and support, Process improvements, acceptance testing, ERP customization.
- In-depth understanding of IT solutions in business context in FMCG environment.